Your opinion about the game

Post here your comments and thoughts about the game, talk with others and have fun!
manager

Your opinion about the game

Postby manager » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:59 am

If you want to share your opinion with us - go ahead!
thiago.izequiel

Postby thiago.izequiel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:33 am

I like the whole idea of what's coming next. It is cool to make your own setup, see the driver's lap, sector times, career from Kart to major series...

I know the time trials are important for the developers, but it's getting a bit boring.

Hope the races begin soon!
manager

Postby manager » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 pm

we know that, so one of most important things is to implement qualification session and of course a race.
After this we will start coding higher series.
solid_snake-

Postby solid_snake- » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 pm

I guess you should try to add a button to return to previous car setting or save the car setting on the best personal lap.
manager

Postby manager » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 am

Do you know that when you click on any of your laps from "Your Laps" tab there is a hint showing car setup on that lap?
If yes, then I assume you want to have a button to load this?
solid_snake-

Postby solid_snake- » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 am

No, I didn't know that..
Thanks for that information, this way we don't need that button at all, we can just re-adjust the settings by hand :)

Thanks a lot!
rmallen

seems great but

Postby rmallen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 am

So the game seems great, but the randomness associated with driving errors is more than a little annoying.

I have zero feedback to tell me why my driver is making errors on turns, so I have no idea what to fix. I don't know whether it's the car, whether it's my driver stats, whether it's the risk factor, nothing.

Certain changes to my car seem to make no difference to my lap time. I've modified things 15-20% one direction or the other and get similar lap times. Maybe this is normal? Seems counter-intuitive to me though - a change that drastic should be either way better or way worse...

Risk factor seems the worst though. Having it on basically guarantees me a .8+ reduction on a lap time, except for the 1-2 times it seems I get a slight benefit. Running without it doesn't seem to help my lap time at all though. I don't understand. There's no feedback to help me make a decision on what to do here.

Basically just feel kinda lost as to how to improve my time now. I think it's probably as good as it's going to get with my combination of driver skills and the kart setup at the moment. And yet I'm only 6th, so clearly someone else is doing something better. I guess that's racing though.
manager

Postby manager » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:35 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. It is always good to hear what is wrong/annoying than only that is great and you don't need to change anything :)

About the driver's feedback and risk: Feedback is what we want to add but this one is a bit difficult, because simulation is based on physics, so noone knows what the best setup is. For sure we can display feedback about beeing too much oversteer or understeer and maybe some basic feedback about errors.
Risk factor - this is just a begining. Next features will make it more understandable.
We are about to add concentration, that will be coupled with energy. More energy you have, the more concentration you will able to use. More concentration will cause less errors, so if your energy is low, you must drive with low concentration, so you will have to set low risk.
If your energy is high, you can use high concentration and risk, but you should use it only for important laps, not always (because high risk and concnetration will consume energy quicker).
Also your skills affect errors. On the begining your skills are low, so you will make more errors while driving with higher risk - that's normal.

All these will be described in user's guide that is coming soon.

About changing setup, it's difficult for me to say why your setup changes don't affect lap time much. It depends on track. We analyze game progress and will adjust influence of every part setup on kart behaviour. The game is still in beta phase.

From the other hand we have 4-5 drivers that are doing well every race, so I guess that game is not as randomize as you think. Maybe it is also related to skills you have chosen for your driver. You will do better in other weather conditions and other track. Maybe better in races than in time trials? Who knows :)
rmallen

Postby rmallen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 pm

That's fair enough.

The more I thought about it after I post, the more I guess it's just the inability to tell whether it was my setup that gave me a good time, or my driver did something really good at one of the corners, for example.

I do know my skills are set up with slightly higher stats for defending/overtaking, which won't show time trials, so obviously that's negatively impacting my time trial performance.

Anyway, looking forward to some races :)
manager

Postby manager » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Try to find your best setup using 0% risk and then when you are satisfied go with higher risk (but driving with higher risk means you need to make kart more ovesteer by reducing a difference between front and rear tracks (wheelbases)
andreacentofanini

Postby andreacentofanini » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:05 pm

HI. i'm new here. i found this game an hour ago,
well, seems quite interesting, if the whole thing will not wasted with payforwin bonuses.
but there's something that need to be added.

driver has to report something to make our setup much more resonable.
i mean...
Driver says: i believe that we need much more accelleration!
driver says: i feel much more confortable with a bit more soft suspentions level.
or. i know this track, it's quite easy for me, let's burn the road! [ higher risks]
something like that...

;)
manager

Postby manager » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:16 pm

The game will not be pay-for-win.
You will be able to buy virtual goods but they won't give you advantage over other players.

We find driver's feedback as a desirable feature, so we will give you as much as we can in this area.

Thanks,
Michal
Jyri777

Postby Jyri777 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:23 pm

I remember beta of this game about 3 years ago. I was excited because i thought final version of the game would offer much more than any other racing manager game. Then game developers went married. Havent been playing much of racing manager games lately but checked in for couple and they havent evolved much. So i still think this game has change to be best of it class. I hope you get it ready this time, good luck and hard work (:
manager

Postby manager » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:06 am

Jyri, thanks for the wishes and nice words. Now we're very determined to complete this game. Now our team is bigger, you can check it out here: http://blog.racinglife.net/about/

How do you find changes in comparison to previous version?
richardmcculloch69

Postby richardmcculloch69 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:43 pm

I think complaining that you are only 6 th when you think you have a good set up isnt good feedback. I was 117th on my first time trial then experimented a bit more and seem to be getting somewhere now.

I think having driver feedback would be too easy. Basically looking at the track layout and what sectors you are losing time in with the ghost feature is enough to know what to change with setup.

Return to “General Discussions”