Your opinion about the game

Post here your comments and thoughts about the game, talk with others and have fun!
Victordr

Postby Victordr » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Richardmcculloch69 wrote:I think having driver feedback would be too easy. Basically looking at the track layout and what sectors you are losing time in with the ghost feature is enough to know what to change with setup.

Maybe you are right with that, I really would like to have advices of the driver like: "I'd like stiffer suspensions" but as you say, that would make the game extremely easy, as now, the only challenge of the game is to find a correct setup and have luck with risks.

But think about a more advanced game, this game is supposed to be a lot far better than now. We may have an upgradable car on the future, having to take care of the money. Also, maybe they will add strategies too, having to choose which tyres to put on each stint and on which lap to stop (I'd really love it, if the game doesn't have it, it's not a real management game), and a lot more things.

If you have to take a lot of time calculating your tyres wear, fuel consumption, thinking of strategies for every race..... having to "guess" the optimal setup by yourself looking at ghosts without any help of the driver would make the game too hard, and even a lot more to new people (most of them would abbandon the game in less than a week, I'm sure) don't you think?

So, thinking on the future of a finished game, in my opinion, driver should give advices of how to find the optimal setup. For example, you put 20% on tyres, the driver asks for more, you put 60%, he asks for less, but even if you put 40% or 50% he is happy with it. There enters yours skills of finding which setup is better, the driver says OK to all of them, but obviously maybe you will be faster with 40% than with 50%, that is something to find for the manager. But that is quite different of having to find it since the start with no clues.
vrummvrummm

Postby vrummvrummm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:56 pm

i guess the main competitor of this game is grand prix racing online, compared to it so far it ofcourse has less features but the interface is very nice and i imagine it being a much easier and enjoyable game when it has all the features neccesary. anyway too early to say much else!
Victordr

Postby Victordr » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:15 pm

Risto Kappet wrote:i guess the main competitor of this game is grand prix racing online, compared to it so far it ofcourse has less features but the interface is very nice and i imagine it being a much easier and enjoyable game when it has all the features neccesary. anyway too early to say much else!

the thing i don't like from that game, GPRO, is its randomness, in my opinion, in a management game, they should be the less random as possible, because a puncture could destroy you finnancially, and it is totally under your control.
Jyri777

Postby Jyri777 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:11 am

Gpro is good game but it is very simple in the end. That simplicity makes it boring, basically it is just repeat after repeat when you know everything. Even if i could success with repeat, it makes it boring. My other account was in elite level about 3 years ago so i know thing or two for that game. Things what they have added for gpro have just been static things, things which will be discovered anyways, like tire stats, new driver stats etc.

Why i dont like Racinglife or Gpro or any other car manager very much is those static things like how you make good setup, how you should be with your driver or how your car parts effect things. I found it boring to try figure those perfectly out and winner is the one who combines different static things best.

Why i play here is all those dynamic things i hope they will put well together. Example being team manager or driver. People are very unpredictable, dynamic creatures. How you effect with those and what is the best way or is there? How you get motivated team or how you show your motivation. How you get players to stay in game?

Yes there is teams in gpro but they have very little effect for the outcome of the team, instead gpro teams have very big effect for the individual manager results. I like to see when the whole team is straightly effected by results, disasters and great wins, only then it becomes very dynamic game.

Static: something that stays same. You can found optimal way of use this thing.
Dynamic: something that changes it's way to work, situation is different all the time.

Dont know did i have any sense in this post but that is how i feel.
rafaeljvieira74

Postby rafaeljvieira74 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Howdy!

I have registered yesterday and I've been enjoying the game so far! Love it!
I read a few comments on the simplicity of the game, well, that is, in fact, true, but I think we can expect more features ahead - the game is still beta - and it is important to notice that an extremely complicated and sophisticated game can and will scare the newest players. :-D

Well, this is what I have to say, I can't wait for this game to be available in Portuguese too! (I assume it will be available in other languages?)

Cheers! 8-)
klaudyna

Postby klaudyna » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:59 am

Hi

It is awesome that you like the game so far:D.
There are plenty of new features waiting in the queue.

Yes of course we are going to translate RacingLife into other languages.
I think that is can be done within next 4, 5 weeks.

First of all we would like introduce the full event weekend with qualifying, practice and race and then we will focus on translation as well.
rafaeljvieira74

Postby rafaeljvieira74 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Uhm, what about a page where we could change the e-mail address connected to our account?

If, by any means, a payer loses total access to his e-mail address, he should be able to change the e-mail in game, by providing the old e-mail address, the new e-mail address and confirming the change by inserting his password.
manager

Postby manager » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:54 pm

This is good point and we have already get this kind of need from other players. Personal info management (with e-mail address) will be released soon.
nicolashomme.nh

Try it for some time

Postby nicolashomme.nh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Salute!
I played GPRO for 3-4 years and myracingcareer for 2 years and it was firstly challenging and finally repetetive and time-consuming.

I expecting RacingLife will be more casual and good looking, with depth career and team management. Not a game about excel tables :)
dw0001

Postby dw0001 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:03 pm

I think that it would be advantageus for the game to focus on recruitment of new players, possibly by announcements everywere in the net where possible, becaude I found that huge number of players in lower leagues are not active, so the effective number of active players is still low. Moreover, I think that the lower leages might be consolidated since players are spreaded through multople sub-ligues. In consequence, very often there are only 2-4 real players in particular league, and that lowers the lets say - competition motivation. I also encourage active players to inviting mates, posting on fora etc...

Cheers
manager

Postby manager » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi

Thanks for the initiative.
We hold on recruitment of new players until car parts upgrade is ready. The plan is to release them with a new season. Since then there will be quite more new players that will arrive. We have many ways to get them into the game and of course it will give benefit to all players.
We will also improve logic of distribuation of new players into leagues.
We'll see how it'll work and will think of other solution if it goes not as good as we assume

Return to “General Discussions”