Regarding car setup

Post here your comments and thoughts about the game, talk with others and have fun!
spamix.world

Regarding car setup

Postby spamix.world » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:37 am

Hello,

It's possible that 2 different laps, with identical setup of the car, with 0% risk, result on two different times?

So... how I ca compare 2 similar setups if a identical setup on two laps reult on different times?
Victordr

Postby Victordr » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 am

Yes, that happens, and even with 0.4 or 0.5s of difference, if that happens it's impossible to compare them
c.rimbault

Postby c.rimbault » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:23 am

Actually i think that it is quite normal.
I suppose there is a part of random, especially if you do not concentrate at 100%, and even if you do not take any risk.
manager

Postby manager » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:25 am

There is a random factor that causes that driver goes through every corner with slightly different speed.
So I will answer with a question:

Have you seen any driver that drives few laps with identical setup on the same track and has the same time on each lap?

But don't worry. Driver's feedback is coming soon. :)
spamix.world

Postby spamix.world » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 am

Michał Augustynek wrote:There is a random factor that causes that driver goes through every corner with slightly different speed.
So I will answer with a question:

Have you seen any driver that drives few laps with identical setup on the same track and has the same time on each lap?

But don't worry. Driver's feedback is coming soon. :)

Yes, I understand that in this way is more "realistic", but also more difficult to setup well, because sometime I don't know If I did better time because a change, or because a aleatory cause...

Return to “General Discussions”