Car parts

Here you can read about all new features that we add to the game.
manager

Car parts

Postby manager » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:39 am

Today we released first version of car parts management.
Basically, you can replace car parts during practice and qualifying sessions. What you have fixed in your kart at the end of qualifying, will be used for races.
Because there are no sponsors and money, all players will get new tires for every event, but other parts will be renewed every 2 or 3 events until we release "garage" feature which will be a place to store all parts that you posess. Before each event, you will take chosen parts to your race trailer from your garage and only those parts will be available during the event.
More description coming soon :)
Victordr

Postby Victordr » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Then I would rename the skill car setup and name it "Car knowledge", and it also makes you to wear or damage less the car parts, apart of what "Car setup" does now. Or just create a new skill named "Car knowlegde" that only affects the car parts and the "Car setup" that does the same than now.
manager

Postby manager » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Car setup will be renamed to feedback.
And we'll think about new skill that will influence on car parts usage/damage, thanks
thalesfer

Postby thalesfer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:40 am

You mean the parts will be renewed or will we earn new parts after sometime? It'd be more logic if, after some wear, we would just throw away the old parts and equip a new one, This way we'd have to manage when we'd want to get rid of parts and how much damage we'll find bearable. Maybe used parts can be repaired to some extent, but that'd depend on mechanics and would take time

About the skill, I believe the usage and damage should have little influence directely from the pilot. The damage come from contact with other cars or with walls and from mileage. Bad drivers tend to be more reckless thus damaging the car more, running in dirt parts of the track, getting out of the track, colliding more often, but I don't believe that there should be a skill for that, but the influence of all other skills in specific situations (braking and reflexes to avoid getting involved in an accident that happened just ahead, low skilled overtaking movements causing cars to get out of track, poor wet driving leading to accidents, etc). The usage bar should be filled according to the mileage driven, and while some parts should have longer durability (which, after 2 pratice sessions, I believe it's your approach), damaging it probably should reduce its max usage value

That's my 2 cents anyway, not sure if that makes any sense in reality though
manager

Postby manager » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:40 am

Until money management appears in the game, everyone will get certain amount of parts for a whole season, so you need to decide when to use which part and have a plan for whole season. Only tires will be renewed for every event.

And I like the idea that driver influence only usage. Damage will be caused by accidents or because part is very worn. Accidents will be more or less probable depending on other skills.
Victordr

Postby Victordr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 am

But please, don't make accidents very random, in a management game you cannot control randomness at all. For example having random tyres punctures like in GPRO is an awful idea.
dinamok

Postby dinamok » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Victor Diéguez wrote:But please, don't make accidents very random, in a management game you cannot control randomness at all. For example having random tyres punctures like in GPRO is an awful idea.

just like real life.

so... i like a normal random events level...
Victordr

Postby Victordr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 pm

In real life you can readjust your strategy on live time if you have any unexpected problem, when we have here strategies with fuel or planned pitstops you won't be able to redo that, you will be forced to do one more pitstop than planned. While in real life you can try to extend one stint to fix it.
Then, your argument is not valid.
morten-olsen

Postby morten-olsen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:17 pm

Have all our parts been renewed between race events 3 and 4? None of my parts seems to be worn anymore.

If an engine is used in practice 1, and another engine is used in practice 2, will it then be possible to go back to the first engine for the qualifying/race, or will the engine disappear from the race trailer as soon as the engines are swapped the first time?
Victordr

Postby Victordr » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 pm

Morten Olsen wrote:Have all our parts been renewed between race events 3 and 4? None of my parts seems to be worn anymore.

If an engine is used in practice 1, and another engine is used in practice 2, will it then be possible to go back to the first engine for the qualifying/race, or will the engine disappear from the race trailer as soon as the engines are swapped the first time?

Yes, it seems they gave us new parts, maybe they tweaked something about their wear.

You can use that engine, later use the other engine and then come back to the first one, you can go back to it.
morten-olsen

Postby morten-olsen » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Victor Diéguez wrote:
Yes, it seems they gave us new parts, maybe they tweaked something about their wear.

You can use that engine, later use the other engine and then come back to the first one, you can go back to it.

Great. Thanks for the answers.
manager

Postby manager » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Next week you will get parts for 2nd part of the season and they won't be renewed until the end of the season. This is how the "amateur driving" will look like.
So at the begining of the season each driver will get from a sponsor parts for a whole season. In top league you will get more parts than in leagues 1.x and in 1.x there will be more parts than in leagues 2.x.

For Junior Karting series there will be following number of parts (top league - leagues 1.x - leagues 2.x):

Tires: 16 for top league - 12 for 1.x - 8 for 2.x
Engine and Brakes: 4 - 3 - 2
Suspension: 3 - 2 - 1

When you will advance to "proffesional drivers" you will get from sponsors money instead of parts, so you will have to buy/sell parts on your own (if you will race as a private driver). If you will join a team, team manager will buy/sell parts and you will just replace them in the car as it is in amateur driver. Of course you will be able to race as a team member in one series and on your own as a private driver in other series :)
rafaeljvieira74

Postby rafaeljvieira74 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 am

Hello!

How can I set the car parts I want to use during both today's races?
manager

Postby manager » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Go to this link:
http://racinglife.net/qualifying/car_parts

It will be available from menu soon.
rafaeljvieira74

Postby rafaeljvieira74 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Michał Augustynek wrote:Go to this link:
http://racinglife.net/qualifying/car_parts

It will be available from menu soon.

Thanks, Michał. I thought I wasn't seeing the menu, it's good to know it will be available. :D

Return to “New Features”