Car parts

Here you can read about all new features that we add to the game.
User avatar
dinamok
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:15 am

Postby dinamok » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Victor Diéguez wrote:In real life you can readjust your strategy on live time if you have any unexpected problem, when we have here strategies with fuel or planned pitstops you won't be able to redo that, you will be forced to do one more pitstop than planned. While in real life you can try to extend one stint to fix it.
Then, your argument is not valid.


accidents like crash or puncture happens also in real life and you cannot do anything against that. even with a "real time" strategy, won't change anything.
random is also around you, now XD

then, your argument is not valid, open your eyes ;)
manager
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 am

Postby manager » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 am

To make game realistic we will add random faillures but also flexible strategies to react in such situations
User avatar
Victordr
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Postby Victordr » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Giacomo Lonf wrote:
accidents like crash or puncture happens also in real life and you cannot do anything against that. even with a "real time" strategy, won't change anything.
random is also around you, now XD

then, your argument is not valid, open your eyes ;)


But in real live people risk their lives, so they won't run with 100% risks, here they may do, and destroy someone's race because they pushed too much. In real life, only Maldonado and Grosjean do that beacuse they are kamikazes, the rest don't risk their lifes :lol:
User avatar
Victordr
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Postby Victordr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 pm

I tried to change tyres two times but when I go back to car parts it says I have the same set fitted.
manager
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 am

Postby manager » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Very strange, does it still occur? It works fine for me :)
autowymiar
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:39 pm

Postby autowymiar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Same here :?
manager
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 am

Postby manager » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Ok I got the same issue. We'll try to fix it quick
manager
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 am

Postby manager » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 pm

And it's fixed! Really quick, isn't it? ;>
User avatar
Victordr
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Postby Victordr » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:54 am

Good job :wink:
User avatar
thalesfer
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:33 pm

Postby thalesfer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:24 am

Just to be sure: Suspensions were the only car part that we only got 1 part, right? I didn't receive any spare part, but all other car parts I have at least 1 other part, so I want to be sure about it!
manager
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 am

Postby manager » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:57 am

Yes, right. But for the next season you will have more parts (more or less spare parts of every type)
joeyz837
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 am

Postby joeyz837 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:51 am

Víctor Diéguez wrote:But please, don't make accidents very random, in a management game you cannot control randomness at all. For example having random tyres punctures like in GPRO is an awful idea.


No, making the game realistic is not "an awful idea". :|
User avatar
Victordr
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Postby Victordr » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Joey Zyla wrote:
Víctor Diéguez wrote:But please, don't make accidents very random, in a management game you cannot control randomness at all. For example having random tyres punctures like in GPRO is an awful idea.


No, making the game realistic is not "an awful idea". :|


OK to a realistic game

NO OK to a random game
joeyz837
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:28 am

Postby joeyz837 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:25 am

Víctor Diéguez wrote:
Joey Zyla wrote:
Víctor Diéguez wrote:But please, don't make accidents very random, in a management game you cannot control randomness at all. For example having random tyres punctures like in GPRO is an awful idea.


No, making the game realistic is not "an awful idea". :|


OK to a realistic game

NO OK to a random game


*facepalm*

In real life, teams have good luck and bad luck. That sometimes includes tyre punctures, even if the team can not control it.
User avatar
Victordr
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Postby Victordr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Joey Zyla wrote:
Víctor Diéguez wrote:
Joey Zyla wrote:
Víctor Diéguez wrote:But please, don't make accidents very random, in a management game you cannot control randomness at all. For example having random tyres punctures like in GPRO is an awful idea.


No, making the game realistic is not "an awful idea". :|


OK to a realistic game

NO OK to a random game


*facepalm*

In real life, teams have good luck and bad luck. That sometimes includes tyre punctures, even if the team can not control it.


But they have ways to fix it because that is live. Here we can't change the strategy during races.

If there is the chance to have a puncture if you run with tyres with more than 50% wear it would be ok, but if it totally random like in GPRO that would just kill this game.

But some people need that randomness to be able to win something, so I understand some people wants it, but some others don't need random :)

Return to “New Features”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest